SPOILER e SNIPPET sulla saga Shadowhunters di Cassandra Clare

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Admin

Status
    qui potete mettere SPOILER o SNIPPET sulla saga Shadowhunters di Cassandra Clare!

snippet da CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE, libro conclusivo serie THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS.

(features Jace and Jordan and the topic of war)

“No killing,” Jordan said. “We’re trying to make you feel peaceful, so you don’t go up in flames. Blood, kill
    ing, war, those are all non-peaceful things. Isn’t there anything else you like? Rainforests? Chirping birds?”

“Weapons,” said Jace. “I like weapons.”

“I’m starting to think we have a problematic issue of personal philosophy here.”

Jace leaned forward, his palms flat on the ground. “I’m a warrior,” he said. “I was brought up as a warrior. I didn’t have toys, I had weapons. I slept with a wooden sword until I was five. My first books were medieval demonologies with illuminated pages. The first songs I learned were chants to banish demons. I know what brings me peace, and it isn’t sandy beaches or chirping birds in rainforests. I want a weapon in my hand and a strategy to win.”

Jordan looked at him levelly. “So you’re saying that what brings you peace … is war.”

"Niente uccisioni," disse Jordan. "Stiamo cercando di farti sentire in pace, così che non finirai divorato dalle fiamme. Sangue, uccisioni, guerra, tutte queste sono cose non pacifiche. Non c'è altro che ti piace? Foreste pluviali? Uccellini cinguettanti?"
    "Armi," disse Jace. "Mi piacciono le armi."
    "Sto cominciando a credere che abbiamo un problema di fondo di filosofia personale, qui."
    Jace si sporse in avanti, i palmi premuti a terra. "Io sono un guerriero," disse. "Sono stato cresciuto come un guerriero. Non avevo giocattoli, avevo armi. Ho dormito con una spada di legno fino ai miei cinque anni. I miei primi libri sono state demonologie medievali con le pagine illuminate. La prima canzone che ho imparato è stato un canto per scacciare i demoni. Sò cosa mi dà pace, e non sono spiagge sabbiose o uccellini cinguettanti o foreste pluviali. Voglio un'arma nella mano ed una strategia per vincere."
    Jordan lo scrutò. "Quindi, mi stai dicendo che ciò che ti dà pace... è la guerra."
    "Adesso hai capito."

---------------------------

Alec looked down at the shattered pieces in disbelief. “You BROKE my PHONE.”
    Jace shrugged. “Guys don’t let other guys keep calling other guys. Okay, that came out wrong. Friends don’t let friends keep calling their exes and hanging up. Seriously. You have to stop.”
    Alec looked furious. “So you broke my brand new phone? Thanks a lot.”
    Jace smiled serenely and lay back on the grass. “You’re welcome.”

Alec guardò in basso verso i pezzi in frantumi, incredulo. "Hai ROTTO il mio TELEFONO."
    Jace fece spallucce. "I ragazzi non lasciano che altri ragazzi continuino a chiamare altri ragazzi. Ok, mi è uscita male. Gli amici non lasciano che i loro amici continuino a chiamare i loro ex per poi riattaccare. Seriamente. Devi smetterla."
    Alec era furioso. "Quindi hai rotto il mio telefono nuovo? Grazie tante."
    Jace sorrise sereno e tornò sul prato. "Non c'è di che."

------------

[Spoilers redacted.]
    “We shouldn’t,” protested Isabelle. “The Clave has a plan.”
    “The Clave has the collective intelligence of a pineapple,” said Jace.
    Alec blinked up at them. “Jace is right.”
    Isabelle turned on her brother. “What do you know? You weren’t even paying attention.”
    “I was,” Alec said, injured. “I said Jace was right.”
    “Yeah, but there’s like a 90% chance of me being right most of the time, so that’s not proof you were listening,” said Jace. “That’s just a good guess.”

"Non dovremmo," protestò Isabelle. "Il Conclave ha un piano."
    "Il Conclave ha l'intelligenza collettiva di un'ananas," disse Jace.
    Alec rispose loro facendo l'occhiolino. "Jace ha ragione."
    Isabelle si girò verso il fratello. "Cosa ne sai? Non stavi neppure attento."
    "Lo ero," disse Alec, ferito. "Ho detto che Jace ha regione."
    "Già, ma c'è la possibilità che io abbia ragione nel 90% dei casi, quindi non è una prova che tu stessi ascoltando," disse Jace. "Hai solo tirato a indovinare."

snippet da Clockwork Princess libro conclusivo della serie INFERNAL DEVICES

"Jem always said that Will rushed toward the end of a mission rather than proceeding in a measured manner, and that one must look at the next step on the path ahead, rather than the destination in the distance, or one would never reach one’s goal. Will closed his eyes for a moment. He knew that Jem was right, but it was hard to remember, when the goal that he sought was the girl that he loved."

TRADUZIONE:

"Jem diceva sempre che Will correva verso la fine di una missione invece che procedere in modo considerato, e che uno dovrebbe guardare al passo successivo sul proprio cammino, anzichè all'arrivo in distanza, o non raggiungerà mai il proprio obiettivo. Will chiuse gli occhi per un momento. Sapeva che Jem aveva ragione, ma era difficile da ricordare, quando l'obiettivo a cui dava la caccia era la ragazza che amava."

---------------

“It has been the privilege and the honor of my life to know you.”

"Conoscerti è stato il privilegio e l'onore della mia vita."

---------------

“You know,” Cecily said, “you really didn’t have to throw that man through the window.”

"Lo sai," disse Cecily, "Non era necessario che tu lanciassi quell'uomo attraverso la finestra."

---------------

Her throat ached: adoration, heartbreak, in equal measure. “Kiss me,” she said. “Please.”

Le faceva male la gola: adorazione, cuore infranto, in uguale misura. "Baciami," disse lei. "Per favore."

---------------

Gabriel would not soon forget the look that spread over the man’s face at that: there was satisfaction in it, but there was little surprise. It was clear he had expected nothing else, and nothing better, from the Lightwood boys.

Gabriel non avrebbe dimenticato molto presto l'espressione che comparve sul viso dell'uomo a quel punto: c'era soddisfazione, ma anche un pò di sorpresa. Era chiaro che non si era aspettato niente di più e niente di meno dai ragazzi Lightwood.

---------------

Jem and Tessa, by special request. :)
    SPOILERS.
    Slowly, Jem put the violin back in its case, and laid the bow beside it. Only then did he turn to Tessa. His expression was shy, though his white shirt was soaked through with sweat and the pulse in his neck was pounding.
    “Did you like it?” he said. “I am not good with words, so I wrote how I felt about you in music.”

Lentamente, Jem rimise il violino nel suo contenitore e posò l'archetto di fianco ad esso.
    Solo allora si voltò verso Tessa, La sua espressione era timida, la camicia bianca era zuppa di sudore e aveva le pulsazioni sul collo accelerate.
    "Ti piace?" disse lui. "Non sono bravo con le parole, perciò ho scritto quello che provo per te con la musica."

---------------

No one can say that death found in me a willing comrade, or that I went easily.

---------------

“Tess?” A soft voice at the door; she looked up and saw Will there, silhouetted in the light from the corridor.

---------------

Clockwork Princess snippet
    THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT PITY.
    THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT REGRET.
    THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT NUMBER.
    THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING.
    (written on a wall in blood in Clockwork Princess)

---------------

“Jem told me what Ragnor Fell said about my father,” Will said. “That for my father, there was only ever one woman he loved, and it was her for him, or nothing. You are that for me. I love you, and I will only ever love you until I die —”

"Jem mi ha detto cosa disse Ragnor Fell su mio padre," disse Will. "Che per mio padre c'è sempre stata una sola donna che abbia amato, che per lui era lei o nessuna. Tu sei questo per me. Ti amo, e ti amerò fino alla mia morte--"

---------------

Will won his YA Crush Tourney round, so — a Will snippet! Simon and Alec didn’t win their rounds, but I’ll be snippeting them anyway in the upcoming week.
    “By the Angel, Bridget’s depressing,” said Henry, setting down his newspaper directly on his plate and causing the edge to soak through with egg yolk. Charlotte opened her mouth as if to object, and closed it again. “It’s all heartbreak, death and unrequited love.”
    “Well, that is what most songs are about,” said Will. “Requited love is nice, but it doesn’t make much of a ballad.”

---------------

Will rose slowly to his feet. He could not believe he was doing what he was doing, but it was clear that he was, clear as the silver rim around the black of Jem’s eyes. “If there is a life after this one,” he said, “let me meet you in it, James Carstairs.”
    “There will be other lives.” Jem held his hand out, and for a moment, they clasped hands, as they had done during their parabatai ritual, reaching across twin rings of fire to interlace their fingers with each other. “The world is a wheel,” he said. “When we rise or fall, we do it together.”
    Will tightened his grip on Jem’s hand, which felt thin as twigs in his. “Well, then,” he said, through a tight throat, “since you say there will be another life for me, let us both pray I do not make as colossal a mess of it as I have this one.”

---------------

Tessa craned her head back to look at Will. “You know that feeling,” she said, “when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, see the net drawing tight around the characters who live and breathe on the pages. But you are tied to the story as if being dragged behind a carriage and you cannot let go or turn the course aside.” His blue eyes were dark with understanding — of course Will would understand — and she hurried on. “I feel now as if the same is happening, only not to characters on a page but to my own beloved friends and companions. I do not want to sit by while tragedy comes for us. I would turn it aside, only I struggle to discover how that might be done.”
    “You fear for Jem,” Will said.
    “Yes,” she said. “And I fear for you, too.”
    “No,” Will said, hoarsely. “Don’t waste that on me, Tess.”

---------------

Tessa leaned forward and caught at his hand, pressing it between her own. The touch was like white fire through his veins: he could not feel her skin, only the cloth of the gloves, and yet it did not matter. How you have kindled me, heap of ashes that I am, into fire. He had wondered once why love was always phrased in terms of burning: the conflagration in his own veins, now, gave the answer. “You are good, Will,” she said. “There is no one better placed than I am to be able to say with perfect confidence how good you really are.”

---------------

“If Jem dies, I cannot be with Tessa,” said Will. “Because it will be as if I were waiting for him to die, or took some joy in his death, if it let me have her. And I will not be that person. I will not profit from his death. So he must live.” He lowered his arm, his sleeve bloody. “It is the only way any of this can ever mean anything. Otherwise it is only —”
    “Pointless, needless suffering and pain? I don’t suppose it would help if I told you that was the way life is. The good suffer, the evil flourish, and all that is mortal passes away,” Magnus said.
    “I want more than that,” said Will. “You made me want more than that. You showed me I was only ever cursed because I had chosen to believe myself so. You told me there was possibility, meaning. And now you would turn your back on what you created.”

---------------

Will won his YA Crush Tourney round! Awesome!
    “Will!”
    He turned at the familiar voice and saw Tessa. There was a small path cut along the side of the hill, lined with unfamiliar white flowers, and she was walking up it, toward him. Her long brown hair blew in the wind — she had taken off her straw bonnet, and held it in one hand, waving it at him and smiling as if she were glad to see him.
    His own heart leaped up at the sight of her. “Tess,” he called. But she was still such a distance away — she seemed both very near and very far suddenly and at the same time. He could see every detail of her pretty, upturned face, but could not touch her, and so he stood, waiting and desiring, and his heart beat like the wings of seagulls in his chest.
    At last she was there, close enough that he could see where the grass and flowers bent beneath the tread of her shoes. He reached out for her —

---------------

Jem and Magnus won their YA Crush Tourney rounds! Today, a Jem snippet. Tomorrow, a Magnus one.
    Will’s eyes met Tessa’s as she came closer, almost tripping again over the torn hem of her gown. For a moment, they were in perfect understanding. Jem was what they could still look each other straight in the eye about. On the topic of Jem, they were both fierce and unyielding. Tessa saw Will’s hand tighten on Jem’s sleeve. “She’s here,” he said.
    Jem’s eyes opened slowly. Tessa fought to keep the look of shock from her face. His pupils were blown out, his irises a thin ring of silver around the black. “Ni shou shang le ma, qin ai de?” he whispered.

---------------

Magnus

“I am not at your beck and call,” Magnus said. “I helped with de Quincey because Camille requested it of me, and Will once, because he offered me a favor in return. I am a warlock. And I do not serve Shadowhunters for free.”

---------------

So Jem won his YA Crush Tourney against Magnus. I’m sorry, Magnus! Fortunately you are immortal so there will be many tournaments in your future.
    Since Jem won, a Jem snippet from Clockwork Princess:
    “Though Will was saying earlier,” Tessa added, “that heroes all come to bad ends, and he could not imagine why anyone would want to be one, anyway.”
    “Ah.” Jem’s hand squeezed hers briefly, and then let it go. “Well, Will is looking at it from the hero’s viewpoint, isn’t he? But as for the rest of us, it’s an easy answer.”
    “Is it?”
    “Of course.” His voice was almost a whisper now. “Heroes endure because we need them. Not for their own sakes. If Will …”

---------------

Aw, you guys are so sweet.
    Have a Clockwork Princess snippet*. It is Willish-centric, so it should fulfill any Will snippets I am currently owing. :)
    Will began to move toward the door to join Charlotte. Halfway there, he turned back, and crossed the room to Tessa: “Please,” he said, “while I am with him, would you do something for me?”
    Tessa looked up and swallowed. He was too close, too close: all the lines, shapes, angles of Will filled her field of vision as the sound of his voice filled her ears. “Yes, certainly,” she said. “What is it?”
    *I am a sucker.

---------------

Jem and Tessa …
    Tessa reached to brush the damp hair from his forehead. He leaned into her touch, his eyes closing. “Jem—have you ever—” She hesitated. “Have you ever thought of ways to prolong your life that are not a cure for the drug?”
    At that his eyelids flew open. “What do you mean?”
    She thought of Will, on the floor of the attic, choking on holy water. “Becoming a vampire. You would live forever—”
    He scrambled upright against the pillows of the bed. “Tessa, no. Don’t—you can’t think that way.”
    “Is the thought of becoming a Downworlder truly so horrible to you?”
    “Tessa …” He exhaled slowly. “I am a Shadowhunter. Nephilim. Like my parents before me. It is the heritage I claim, just as I claim my mother’s heritage as part of myself. It does not mean I hate my father. But I honor the gift they gave me, the blood of the Angel, the trust placed in me, the vows I have taken. Nor, I think, would I make a very good vampire. [redacted for spoilers] I would no longer be Will’s parabatai, no longer be welcome in the Institute. No, Tessa. I would rather die and be reborn and see the sun again, than live to the end of the world without daylight.”
    “A Silent Brother, then,” she said.
    His eyes softened slightly. “The path of Silent Brotherhood is not open to me.”

Tessa si allungò a spazzolargli via i capelli umidi dalla fronte. Lui si inclinò al suo tocco, a occhi chiusi. "Jem-hai mai-" esitò. "Hai mai pensato ad un altro modo per prolungare la tua vita che non fosse una cura con la droga?"
    Le sue palpebre si spalancarono. "Cosa intendi dire?"
    Lei pensò a Will, sul pavimento dell'attico, soffocando con l'acqua santa. "Diventare un vampiro. Potresti vivere per sempre"
    Lui si agitò contro i cuscini del letto. "Tessa, no. Non- non puoi pensare a questo"
    "Il pensiero di diventare un Nascosto è davvero così terribile per te?"
    "Tessa..." espirò lentamente. "Sono uno Shadowhunter. Un Nephilim. Come i miei genitori prima di me. E' l'eredità che rivendico, e rivendico l'eredità di mia madre come parte di me stesso. Ciò non significa che odio mio padre.
    Ma onoro il dono che mi hanno fatto, il sangue dell'Angelo, la fiducia riposta in me, il giuramento che ho fatto. Non penso che potrei essere un buon vampiro. Non potrei più essere il parabatai di Will, non sarei più benvenuto all'Istituto. No, Tessa. Preferirei morire e rinascere e vedere di nuovo il sole che vivere fino alla fine del mondo senza luce."
    "Un Fratello Silente, allora," disse lei.
    I suoi occhi si addolcirono leggermente. "Il percorso di Fratellanza Silente non è aperto per me".

Edited by Buffy_Victoria - 29/12/2012, 21:51

2. MicHer

User deleted

Leggendo Città delle Anime Perdute ho avuto una sensazione molto forte su uno dei personaggi che voglio condividere con voi, probabilmente è pura pazzia...

Il fratello Silente Zaccaria vi sembra "normale"?? Io ho avuto la sensazione che fosse Jem, lo so potrebbe essere impossibile, ma se a Jem fosse stata data una seconda possibilità per sfuggire alla morte facendolo diventare un Fratello Silente?

- Ha detto che è stato uno Shadowhunters e sa cosa significa potreggere le persone che ama
    - Non gli si è mai visto il viso
    - Ha volutamente tenuta nascosta la situazione al Conclave (mai successo)
    - E' eccessivamente proccupato per Jace e gli sta a cuore salvare la vita di un Herondale, parole sue

Nessuna ha avuto questa sensazione?

Oppure potrebbe essere Will, che dopo la morte del suo parabatai, diventa Fratello Silente, o per superare il dolore del matrimonio di Jem con Tessa, ma questa ipotesi mi convince di meno, e poi Will si deve per forza sposare con Tessa ...

NO NO per me è Jem orami sono in fissaaa

Group
    Admin

Status
    Appena ho finito il libro ho detto la stessa cosa a Kaggy!

Anche secondo me Jem è Fratello Zaccaria!!!
    Che bello che qualcuno abbia avuto la mia stessa idea! *___*

...Oppure la Clare ci sta depistando volutamente XD

4. ~ Kaggy

User deleted

Dai, è lui!!!! Io mi rifiuto di pensare che sia WILL!
    WILL DEVE ANDARE CON TESSA!!! O così, o la uccido!!!!

5. MicHer

User deleted

Finalmente ho la prova che non sono pazza... o che lo siamo in tre!! XD
    Si insomma, stavo impazzendo con questa idea fissa in testa di Zaccaria/Jem, sono giorni che ci ragiono, se non sono la sola significa che potrebbe anche essere vero!!
    Non penso che la Clare ci voglia depistare, sarebbe una degna fine per Infernal Devices, Will sposa Tessa e Jem non muore... una genialata dell'autrice!
    E poi anche il gatto Church era un umano no? Oppure questa me la sono inventata di sana pianta :unsure:

Group
    Admin

Status
    sto aggiornando gli snippet nel 1° post ; ) grazie all'aiuto della nostra traduttrice vecchiastrega ^_^

Group
    Admin

Status
    Nuovo!!!

City of Heavenly Fire snippet
    [Spoilers redacted.]

“We shouldn’t,” protested Isabelle. “The Clave has a plan.”
    “The Clave has the collective intelligence of a pineapple,” said Jace.
    Alec blinked up at them. “Jace is right.”
    Isabelle turned on her brother. “What do you know? You weren’t even paying attention.”
    “I was,” Alec said, injured. “I said Jace was right.”
    “Yeah, but there’s like a 90% chance of me being right most of the time, so that’s not proof you were listening,” said Jace. “That’s just a good guess.”

"Non dovremmo," protestò Isabelle. "Il Conclave ha un piano."
    "Il Conclave ha l'intelligenza collettiva di un'ananas," disse Jace.
    Alec rispose loro facendo l'occhiolino. "Jace ha ragione."
    Isabelle si girò verso il fratello. "Cosa ne sai? Non stavi neppure attento."
    "Lo ero," disse Alec, ferito. "Ho detto che Jace ha regione."
    "Già, ma c'è la possibilità che io abbia ragione nel 90% dei casi, quindi non è una prova che tu stessi ascoltando," disse Jace. "Hai solo tirato a indovinare."

Edited by Buffy_Victoria - 23/11/2012, 22:45

8. MicHer

User deleted

come si fa ad aspettare cosi tanto?!?!?!? :noncelapossofare:

9. Shanty11

User deleted

L'ho avuta anche io la sensazione che Fratello Zaccaria potesse essere Jem..e soprattutto, come dice MicHer, non è assolutamente un Fratello Silente "normale".. quindi mi aggrego al club delle pazze :D E concordo anche sul fatto che Will debba necessariamente finire con Tessa, altrimenti rischia di implodere, povera stella..non può essere lasciato lì a guardare..

Group
    Admin

Status
    Speriamo proprio che sia così o qualcosa di simile... ho il terrore di come possa finire la saga "le origini" ...

Group
    Admin

Status
    nuovo Snippet indefinito...

Belatedly, she realized something else. “Do you … have anything?”

He didn’t seem to have recovered from her last comment. “But do you mean — wait, do I have what?”

She slitted her eyes at him. “Something important.”

“Like what? The phone number for the White House?” A moment later, under her withering glare, realization dawned. “Oh.” His was the expression of someone who has run out of gas in the middle of the desert, miles from help. “I … “

Tardivamente, si rese conto di un'altra cosa. "Hai...qualcosa?"
    Lui non sembrava essersi ripreso dal suo ultimo commento. "Ma tu indendi - aspetta, io ho cosa?"
    Lei fece scorrere lo sguardo su di lui. "Qualcosa di importante".
    "tipo cosa? il numero di telefono della Casa Bianca?" Un momento dopo, sotto il suo sguardo fulminante, arrivò l'illuminazione. "Oh."
    La sua era l'espressione di chi ha finito il carburante nel bel mezzo del deserto, a miglia da un aiuto. "Io..."

Group
    Admin

Status
    SNIPPET CLOCKWORK PRINCESS - ATTENZIONE SPOILER!

Jem and Tessa …
    Tessa reached to brush the damp hair from his forehead. He leaned into her touch, his eyes closing. “Jem—have you ever—” She hesitated. “Have you ever thought of ways to prolong your life that are not a cure for the drug?”
    At that his eyelids flew open. “What do you mean?”
    She thought of Will, on the floor of the attic, choking on holy water. “Becoming a vampire. You would live forever—”
    He scrambled upright against the pillows of the bed. “Tessa, no. Don’t—you can’t think that way.”
    “Is the thought of becoming a Downworlder truly so horrible to you?”
    “Tessa …” He exhaled slowly. “I am a Shadowhunter. Nephilim. Like my parents before me. It is the heritage I claim, just as I claim my mother’s heritage as part of myself. It does not mean I hate my father. But I honor the gift they gave me, the blood of the Angel, the trust placed in me, the vows I have taken. Nor, I think, would I make a very good vampire. [redacted for spoilers] I would no longer be Will’s parabatai, no longer be welcome in the Institute. No, Tessa. I would rather die and be reborn and see the sun again, than live to the end of the world without daylight.”
    “A Silent Brother, then,” she said.
    His eyes softened slightly. “The path of Silent Brotherhood is not open to me.”

TRADUZIONE SNIPPET CLOCKWORK PRINCESS - ATTENZIONE SPOILER!

Tessa si allungò a spazzolargli via i capelli umidi dalla fronte. Lui si inclinò al suo tocco, a occhi chiusi. "Jem-hai mai-" esitò. "Hai mai pensato ad un altro modo per prolungare la tua vita che non fosse una cura con la droga?"
    Le sue palpebre si spalancarono. "Cosa intendi dire?"
    Lei pensò a Will, sul pavimento dell'attico, soffocando con l'acqua santa. "Diventare un vampiro. Potresti vivere per sempre"
    Lui si agitò contro i cuscini del letto. "Tessa, no. Non- non puoi pensare a questo"
    "Il pensiero di diventare un Nascosto è davvero così terribile per te?"
    "Tessa..." espirò lentamente. "Sono uno Shadowhunter. Un Nephilim. Come i miei genitori prima di me. E' l'eredità che rivendico, e rivendico l'eredità di mia madre come parte di me stesso. Ciò non significa che odio mio padre.
    Ma onoro il dono che mi hanno fatto, il sangue dell'Angelo, la fiducia riposta in me, il giuramento che ho fatto. Non penso che potrei essere un buon vampiro. Non potrei più essere il parabatai di Will, non sarei più benvenuto all'Istituto. No, Tessa. Preferirei morire e rinascere e vedere di nuovo il sole che vivere fino alla fine del mondo senza luce."
    "Un Fratello Silente, allora," disse lei.
    I suoi occhi si addolcirono leggermente. "Il percorso di Fratellanza Silente non è aperto per me".

Group
    Admin

Status
    Un regalino di Buon Anno da Cassandra: il primo SNIPPET di "The Bane Chronicles"! *___*

Happy New Year! And in honor of the new year a little snippet starring our favorite sparkly warlock before he was sparkly. From one of the stories of The Bane Chronicles, called What Really Happened in Peru. By me and Sarah Rees Brennan. Give her lots of love.

“Just don’t leave me here,” said Ragnor. “You have to swear, Bane.”
    Magnus raised his eyebrows. “I give you my word of honor!”
    “I mean it,” Ragnor told him. “I will find you. I will find whatever chest of absurd clothes you have brought with you. And I will bring a llama into the place where you sleep and make sure that it urinates on everything in the chest.”
    “There is no need to get nasty about this,” Magnus said. “Don’t worry. I can teach you every word that you need to know right now. One of them is ‘fiesta.’”
    Ragnor scowled. “What does that mean?”
    “It means ‘party.’ Another important word is ‘juerga.’”
    “What does that word mean?”
    Magnus was silent.
    “Magnus,” said Ragnor, his voice stern. “Does that word also mean ‘party’?”
    Magnus could not help the sly grin that spread across his face. “I would apologize,” he said. “But I have no regrets.”

14. Juls_92

User deleted

Lord of Shadows Snippet!

EN

And even odder, when Mark and Kieran had come into the library, Kieran had gone immediately over to Max and picked him up, delighted by his blue skin and his tiny horns.
    Max had stuck his hand into Kieran’s wavy hair and pulled. Kieran had just laughed. “That’s right, it changes color, little nixie-like warlock,” he said. “Look.” And his hair went from blue-black to blue in an instant. Max giggled.
    “I didn’t know you could do that on purpose,” said Mark, who had always thought of Kieran’s hair as a reflection of his moods, uncontrollable as the tides.
    “You don’t know a lot of things about me, Mark Blackthorn,” Kieran said, setting Max down.
    Alec and Magnus had exchanged a look at that, the sort of look that made Mark feel as if they had reached a silent and agreed-upon consensus …

IT

E cosa ancora più strana, quando Mark e Kieran entrarono nella biblioteca, Kieran andò direttamente da Max e lo sollevò, deliziato dalla sua pelle blu e le sue piccole corna.
    Max infilò la mano nei capelli ricci di Kieran e tirò. Kieran rise. "E' così, cambiano colore, piccolo stregone simile a un nixie" disse. "Guarda".
    E i suoi capelli divennero da blu-nero a blu in un istante. Max ridacchiò.
    "Non sapevo che potessi farlo di proposito" disse Mark, che aveva sempre pensato che i capelli di Kieran riflettessero il suo umore, incontrollabile come le maree.
    "Non sai molte cose su di me, Mark Blackthorn" disse Kieran, posando Max.
    Alec e Magnus si scambiarono uno sguardo a ciò, il tipo di sguardo che fece sentire a Mark che avessero raggiunto un silenzioso e condiviso consenso...

15. Juls_92

User deleted

Errori di traduzione nella versione italiana di Lady Midnight

Capitolo 27 Separare la mia anima.

La parte evidenziata nella traduzione è completamente assente nell'originale.

Originale:
    There were a thousand Shadowhunters named Jonathan. Jonathan Shadowhunter had founded the whole race of Nephilim. It was Jace’s name as well.
    Emma had heard Tessa back at the house, of course, but she still couldn’t quite believe it. Not just a Shadowhunter in hiding, but a Herondale. Clary and Jace would need to be told. They would likely come running. “He’s a Herondale? Like Jace?”
    “Jace Herondale,” Kit muttered. “My father said he was one of the worst.”
    “One of the worst what?” Jem asked.
    “Shadowhunters.” Kit spat the word. “And I’m not one, by the way. I’d know.”
    “Would you?” Jem’s voice was mild. “How?”
    “None of your business,” Kit said. “I know what you’re doing. My dad told me you’d kidnap anyone under nineteen with the Sight. Anyone you thought you could make into a Shadowhunter. There’s barely any of you left after the Dark War.”

Traduzione Mondadori:
    C’erano migliaia di Shadowhunters con quel nome. Jonathan Shadowhunter aveva fondato l’intera razza dei Nephilim, e anche Jace si chiamava così.
    Prima, a casa di Rook, Emma aveva già ascoltato la storia di Tessa, ma ancora non riusciva a crederci. Non era soltanto uno Shadowhunter nascosto, ma addirittura un Herondale. Bisognava avvisare Clary e Jace: molto probabilmente si sarebbero precipitati. «È un Herondale? Come Jace?»
    «Jace Herondale» mormorò Kit. «Mio padre diceva che era uno dei peggiori.»
    «Dei peggiori cosa?» volle sapere Jem.
    «Shadowhunters.» Kit pronunciò quella parola con disprezzo. «E comunque io non sono uno di loro. Altrimenti lo saprei.»
    «Ah sì?» Jem parlava in tono gentile. «E come?»
    «Ce l’hai un segno a forma di stella?» chiese Tessa. «Sulla pelle? Tuo padre lo aveva?»
    Kit abbassò d’istinto lo sguardo sul polso, ed Emma fece appena in tempo a riconoscere il bordo di quella che doveva essere una voglia bianca prima che il ragazzo girasse il palmo all’ingiù per nasconderla.
    «Non sono affari vostri» disse. «So cosa state facendo, mio papà me lo aveva detto. Rapite tutti i minori di diciannove anni dotati della Vista, tutti quelli che pensate di poter trasformare in Shadowhunters. Dopo la Guerra Oscura non è rimasto quasi nessuno dei vostri.»

Commento: Kit non può avere una voglia a forma di stella sul polso perché solo i discendenti di Will ce l'hanno, mentre lui discende da Tobias Herondale che è vissuto molto prima di Will.

La festa di fidanzamento:

Originale:
    Speaking of downworlders, Maia was laughing in a corner of the room with her hand in Bat's. She wore a floating orange dress, her curls piled on her head and her Preator Lupus medallion gleaming at her brown throat.
    She was talking with Clary's stepfather, Luke, whose glasses were pushed up onto his head. There was a bit more gray in Luke's hair these days, but his eyes were as bright as ever. Jocelyn had gone off to one of the offices to have a long chat with Maryse Lightwood, Simon's prospective mother-in-law. Clary couldn't help but wonder if she was delivering the maternal speech about how the Lightwoods were lucky to have Simon in their family and they'd better not forget it.

Traduzione Mondadori:
    A proposito di Nascosti, Maia stava ridendo in un angolo della stanza, mano nella mano con Bat. Indossava un fluttuante abito arancione, aveva i capelli ricci raccolti e il medaglione del Praetor Lupus le brillava al collo a contrasto con la pelle bruna.
    Stava parlando con Luke, il patrigno di Clary, che ora si era messo gli occhiali sulla testa. Tra i suoi capelli c’era qualche filo grigio in più, ma gli occhi erano luminosi come sempre.
    Jocelyn, la madre di Clary, era incinta di otto mesi, perciò era rimasta a casa a riposare. Sua figlia non si era ancora completamente capacitata del fatto che, alla sua età, stesse per darle un fratellino o una sorellina.

Traduzione mia fedele all'originale:
    A proposito di Nascosti, Maia stava ridendo in un angolo della stanza, mano nella mano con Bat. Indossava un fluttuante abito arancione, aveva i capelli ricci raccolti e il medaglione del Praetor Lupus le brillava al collo a contrasto con la pelle bruna.
    Stava parlando con Luke, il patrigno di Clary, che ora si era messo gli occhiali sulla testa. Tra i suoi capelli c’era qualche filo grigio in più, ma gli occhi erano luminosi come sempre.
    Jocelyn era andata in uno degli uffici a fare una lunga conversazione con Maryse Lightwood, la futura suocera di Simon. Clary non poteva fare a meno di chiedersi se le stava facendo un discorso materno su quanto i Lightwood fossero fortunati ad avere Simon nella loro famiglia e che farebbero meglio a non dimenticarlo.

21 replies since 21/11/2012, 09:07   6383 views